Your gifts, both large and small, will help us to achieve our mission to ensure that everyone has access to healthy local food. Our belief is that by naming our assets—soil, seeds, and an Appalachian heritage of food production and preservation—everyone in Southeast Ohio can see their place in strengthening our community.
Donations of $25 or more will grant you annual Membership status.
Thank you for your generous support that allows us to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people and their families each year.
Other Ways to Donate
Support the Donation Station
Our Donation Station welcomes your produce and cash donations throughout the year to go toward healthy, fresh produce for local food pantries and social service agencies. You can find the Donation Station booth at the Athens Farmers Market and the Chesterhill Produce Auction. More information can be found here.
Become a Sponsor of CFI
Local business sponsors support CFI’s mission and programming to increase the resilience of our communities. Are you a business or organization wanting to become a sponsor for Community Food Initiatives? Learn more about the benefits of sponsorship, and fill out an application here.
Kroger Community Rewards
When you shop at Kroger, you can use your Kroger Plus Card to help support CFI! Register on the Kroger website, swipe your card for every purchase, and Kroger will donate a percentage of your purchase amount toward CFI. It’s no extra cost to you! An account with Kroger can also get you access to Kroger’s “Free Friday” coupons and many other digital coupons that you can load onto your card.
Instructions for Signing Up for Kroger Community Rewards:
- Go to www.kroger.com/communityrewards
- Click “Create an Account” and enter your email address, password, and confirm password.
- Select your preferred Kroger store. (This is for information purposes only for Kroger; all shopping done with your card will still go towards CFI.) Enter zip code, select store, then click “Create Account”.
- Enter your Kroger Plus Card number and last name used for your Kroger Plus card.
- Go to Community Rewards (near bottom) and complete the fields (names, address, etc.).
- Search for either: 91118 (CFI’s Kroger program number) or Community Food Initiatives
- Click Enroll. To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see our organization’s name at the bottom of your information page.
- Shop at Kroger using your Plus Card and automatically earn money for CFI!
When you shop on Amazon, you can use Amazon Smile to help support CFI! Register here.