Hours: 35-40 hours per week
Vehicle Required: Yes
Sites: 94 Columbus Rd. Athens, OH
Compensation: Bi-weekly living allowance
Purpose/objective: The Summer AmeriCorps VISTA Associate will provide direct service in support of Donation Station, Community Gardens, and School Gardens programming with Community Food Initiatives.
Duties & activities:
1) Attend Athens Farmers Market and Chesterhill Produce Auction and fulfill responsibilities associated with procuring produce, such as purchasing within a budget, logging data, and ensuring safe handling and storage of produce
2) Assist with maintenance of Community and School garden plots, including participating in garden workshops
3) Assist with educational outreach for Donation Station through sharing Discovery Kitchen tasting tables and recipes
4) Assist with distribution of produce to food access partners and fulfill responsibilities associated with distribution, including distribution set-up and logging data
5) Promote CFI events as needed according to agency communications plans
6) Support sustainability and quality of CFI summer programming through identifying and filling gaps in service, and working with Program Directors and Executive Director to develop plans for future sustainability of programming
Serve your community, Professional Development, Training & Mentorship, Living Allowance, Education Award, Health Care Stipend, Child Care Options
Any questions, please contact MaryAnn Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because this is an AmeriCorps position, applicants must apply via the AmeriCorps portal: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=87155&fromSearch=true
If the link above doesn't give you access, you can also go to http://www.americorps.gov, click on "Join AmeriCorps!", choose Ohio from the drop down list, and search for Community Food Initiatives. Listings are alphabetical.