Local Food Access Communications VISTA
Purpose/objective: The Communications VISTA will build CFI's capacity to increase access to fresh and healthy local food, and will help build awareness of CFI’s work to address hunger and food insecurity through developing and implementing an agency-wide communication strategy. The VISTA will use our website, newsletter, media outreach, and social media to help develop a marketing campaign that promotes equitable access to healthy, local foods. The VISTA member will also create a marketing strategy to reach those living in rural/impoverished areas that lack access to high speed broadband, including in this strategy outreach through radio, billboards, newspapers, and advertising in local community centers such as libraries, churches, municipal buildings, food pantries, and others.
Duties & activities:
1) Develop strategies to increase CFI’s outreach in online communities, including website maintenance and social media.
2) Develop and implement a multi-phase strategy for an online visual campaign, including videos, photography, and other media components.
3) Develop periodic press releases for food access programming.
4) Research, develop, and design food access content for various CFI media outlets.
5) Develop and implement strategies to reach individuals who lack internet/high speed internet access.
6) Develop training such that marketing strategies can be shared and implemented with CFI staff, board, interns and volunteers.
7) Develop strategies and schedules to increase efficiency and quality of social media posts and monthly, bi-monhtly, and annual newsletters.
8) Design content and infographics for CFI media outlets.
9) Work toward securing future funding to support the implementation and maintenance of a quality communications strategy.
Serve your community, Professional Development, Training & Mentorship, Living Allowance, Education Award, Health Care Stipend, Child Care Options
NOTE: Because this is an AmeriCorps position, you must apply using the AmeriCorps VISTA portal. Stay tuned and we will update this posting as soon as the portal opens!
In the meantime, please email Executive Director MaryAnn Martinez with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org